Wednesday 16th October – 18:00-20:00
Please be aware that these date are for eligible adults only as we are unable to vaccinate children at these clinics. We are currently waiting for the vaccines for our child clinics, we will contact patients separately when we have dates available.
If you have any questions regarding these clinics or whether you are eligible, please contact the practice.
How to Manage Flu
Seasonal flu is a highly infectious illness caused by a flu virus. The virus infects your lungs and upper airways, causing a sudden high temperature and general aches and pains. You could also lose your appetite, feel nauseous and have a dry cough. Symptoms can last for up to a week.
You may be invited for a flu jab if you are:
- Are 65 years of age or over
- Are pregnant
- Have certain medical conditions
- Are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- Receive a carer’s allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
or have a serious long-term health condition, including:
- Chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease
- Problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- A weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS
- Being seriously overweight (BMI of 40 or above)
- Eligible children who are aged 2 and 3 on 31st August, 2019 – that is, children born between 1st September, 2015 and 31st August, 2017
- Children who are 4 years old are also eligible for flu vaccination provided they were 3 on 31st August, 2019. These children should be offered the vaccination at their general practice.
- Children in reception class and school years 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be offered their vaccination in school. In a couple of areas it might be offered in primary care settings.
We will be sending invitation letters shortly to our eligible patients with details of our Flu clinics.