Mann Cottage is pleased to announce the launch of askmyGP
- an online service directly linked to our practice that allows our patients to request help at any time of day and to receive a timely call back during normal surgery hours.
You may have seen the posters and leaflets in the Practice promoting askmyGP and the service is now available on our website
- please take some time to understand how it can benefit you and your family.
Patients (or their carers/parents) are able to provide detailed requests including relevant medical histories that help our Doctors and Nurses to have clear information. Following receipt, patients will then be either:
- Contacted by phone to discuss the concern
- Asked to make an appointment, or
- A prescription may be issued for collection where appropriate based on prior history and the information provided in the askmyGP request.
The general response to askmyGP where it has been implemented elsewhere has been overwhelmingly positive and whilst askmyGP is not to be used for medical emergencies, all other requests for medical help can be handled.
Please note: Our registered patients can access askmyGP and submit requests without needing to be individually enrolled to use the service.